I know its been almost more than a week since I was away from blogging,reason being my short trip to Singapore, ,I am back all with lotz of good memories and experiences,one such experience is of traveling with Advay alone for the first time.
What a day it was and what a experience,..now when I have to travel alone with Advay I have to think twice,.;-)
Coming back to this post,today I gonna share recipe of Parsi style chicken biryani which I prepared from Parsi cook book.
Chicken 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste two tsp
300gm basmati rice
kashmiri chilies 10
cinnamon stick 2 inch
mace powder half teaspoon
shahjeera powder half teaspoon
cashewnuts fried 100gm
boiled egg optional
salt to taste
ghee to cook
1) Marinate chicken with salt and ginger garlic paste and keep aside.
2) Make coarse mixture of red chillies,peppercorns,cloves and cinnamon.Mix in curd and pour the spices mixture on the chicken cover and keep aside for two hrs.
3) Thinly slice two onions and fry in the ghee till crisp.
4) Chop the potatoes into eight pieces each, salt them and fry them in the same ghee.Keep aside.
5) Prepare rice the usual way but with less water.
Chop the other two onions and fry in the leftover ghee.
Add chopped tomatoes to the browned onions.
Keep frying till the gravy thickens
Add the marinated chicken to the gravy and cook over medium heat
Add mace and shahjeera powder and mix well
Add two cups of water and cook over slow heat till tender.
In a deep large mouthed vessel spread an alternate layer of rice,fried onion
Fried potato and chicken till both rice and chicken are used up
With the help of knife bore hole from top of the rice to the bottom of the vessel.
And pour in the remainder gravy.
Add saffron strands soaked in water the same way as above
Cook on low heat for one hr till done.
Thats all frens,..cee u all soon,...:-)and ya will catch up with ur yummy posts soon,...till thn tk cre,..:-)